100 Days Till I Do: Week 4

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

Last week was a roller coaster, and these week has only continued it. This week has been full of every emotion possible, I've been keeping strong for myself and for my family and it's rough. Wedding planning has really taken a back seat this week, but sometimes you just have to. Week four, here we are.  

Day 79: EmpowHER. I'm finally doing something I've wanted to do for a while. I am joining a Fitbody Bootcamp with Rachel for a four week woman's only class. Both Jesse and his mom went through a bootcamp class, and I have a few friends that love it as well. I really think it's going to be that extra push I need to get back where I want to be. 

Day 78: Cake and Relaxation. My mom celebrated 25 years at Meijer today. A lady she works with had the bakery make a custom chocolate cake, chocolate frosting with a picture of the GT on it. She came over after work to give me a piece of it, which is always super nice of her. I also didn't do much today, which these days seem like they are getting few and far between. 

Day 77: FISH (and date night)! Jesse wanted to go look at fish together for our fish tank, so we decided Friday would be the easiest day to go (since I had the day off, and he gets out of work early) We also wanted to make it a date night and ended up going out to dinner at Perrin. The last time we went there was for our one year anniversary together, but that week they were redoing their menu so we didn't have much to choose from. OMG the food was absolutely amazing, especially the fried pickles. They were LONG slices and not greasy at all! 

Day 76: Hospital. I knew yesterday that my parents took my grandma to the ER because she hasn't been doing very well, but today was the first day we could visit. Jesse and I went up to visit after I got out of work and Jesse picked out a beautiful bouquet of flowers to bring to her. 

We also stopped by Petco to get fish food, and of course I couldn't not look at the adoption center. I'm pretty sure if we could we'd adopt every pet, but that's why we are very big into donating and sharing the rescues we got our cats through. 

Day 75: Hospital Day Two. Went to visit my grandma again after work. I wanted to bring her a word find book, since they are her favorite. She is looking better, but the whole situation isn't. Next week is her 85th birthday, I hope she gets to spend it at home. 

Day 74: Hospital Day Three. My mom picked me up from work today so I could visit with my grandma earlier in the day before Jesse got home. I'm so thankful for being a part of a family that does anything and everything for each other. Being able to spend a little bit more time with my grandma is a blessing. It's been wonderful seeing her sitting in a chair vs in bed, I just want her to come home. 

Day 73: Updates and Registry Gifts. My Grandma was suppose to come home today, but that will wait for tomorrow. She is under Hospice in-home care, which means no more hospital again. I am so thankful for Hospice being the option that works best for my parents and gives my Grandma what she wants. It's really hard to stay strong sometimes, but I know I have to for my parents, my Grandma has lived with them for the last 14 years, so I know this isn't going to be easy. 

Today we also received our first two wedding gifts. We received a gift card in the mail from Jesse's cousin who lives in California and also a super awesome vacuum from one of my dad's friends. I knew the vacuum was coming, since my dad's friend Chuck emailed me about it and told me he is coming to our wedding. I've known him pretty much my whole life from my dad's model club and he's always been super supportive of my photography. 

“The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” —Eminem

If you want to check out previous weeks, click here